Jungheinrich EJE 225/225E
Specifically suited for intensive, high capacity, multi-shift applications, the EJE 225/225E walkie pallet truck is ideal for high volume distribution, ramp loading and transport of heavy loads. Featuring SpeedControl, the latest impulse control electronics, this walkie provides stepless speed control via the drive switch and features roll-back protection on ramps. The forklift's crawl speed can be activated via a separate handle switch for safe maneuvering in confined spaces with the handle in the upright position. The multi-functional handle head, with state-of-the-art ergonomics, provides optimum operator comfort and safety through grips with hand guards.
Innovative 3-phase AC technology
Designed with Jungheinrich proprietary 3-phase AC motor technology, the forklift provides increased efficiency, reduced operating costs and maximized uptime and productivity:
- Outstanding efficiency due to excellent energy management.
- Powerful forklift acceleration with a fully rated load.
- Quick directional changes without hesitation.
- No carbon brushes or commutators to replace, resulting in reduced forklift maintenance requirements.
- 2 year warranty on the forklift's drive motor.
Rugged lift truck construction for the toughest applications
- Forklift chassis made of high quality 0.3 inch thick steel.
- Reinforced forks, constructed of solid bar-stock steel for extreme durability.
Long operating times
- Battery capacities up to 750 Ah ensure long operating times
- Medium compartment: up to 255 Ah.
- Large compartment: up to 750 Ah.
- Optional integrated charger (24V/30 A for both flooded and maintenance-free batteries up to 375 Ah) for fast, simple charging at any wall outlet.
- Side battery extraction for operating forklift in multi-shift operations (optional on large compartment E version only).
Optional “ProTracLink” caster wheel system, linked via a cushioned torsion bar, distributes stabilizing forces based on travel conditions (i.e. evenly across all wheels during straight travel; concentrated on the outer support wheel when turning).
Multi-function handle head
The walkie pallet forklift features a redeveloped handle head, which adjusts to different operator requirements.
- Clearly marked operator controls and rocker switches, with tactile raise and lower indicators, allow for intuitive operation in any handle position.
- Angled handle head for natural, ergonomic operation.
- Crawl-speed button is positioned on the back of the handle head, for quick access and ease of operation when the handle is in the vertical position.
- The handle head protects against potential failure due to its contactor-less sensor system and IP65-rated dust and moisture protection.
The forklift's 3-phase AC technology ensures significant long-term reduction of operating costs.
- Low-maintenance, 3-phase AC drive motor with no carbon brushes.
- Easy access to all forklift components through the one-piece front cover.
- Optional “ProTracLink” stability caster wheel system helps reduce potential wheel damage during ramp operations due to its self-leveling adjustment. The torsion bar constantly keeps both support wheels at the same height, reducing the chance of catching or damaging the lower support wheel on the side of dock plates.
Well informed lift truck operators
- Three color LED battery discharge indicator as standard or optional “CanDis” information display with enhanced visual charge indicator, hour-meter and service code display.
- Optional “CanCode” keypad allows for secure activation of the forklift via PIN and includes 3 pre-set travel programs.
- When combined, CanDis and CanCode allow for quick adjustment of forklift speed, acceleration and motor brake parameters without a laptop.
The EJE 225 series of walkie pallet lift trucks can also be equipped with a host of options to further customize the lift truck for your specific application:
- EJE 225E walkie lift truck version with 13.58 inch large battery compartment.
- Battery compartment rollers (E version only).
- Freezer package to customize the lift truck for the specific application.
- Load guard.
- Entry rollers.
|Model||EJE 225||EJE 225E|
|Medium Compartment||Large Compartment|
|Type of Operation||Walkie||Walkie|
|Load Capacity/Rated Load (lbs)||6000||6000|
|Load Center Distance (in)||24||24|
|Wheelbase (in)||55.8 *||61.7 *|
|Service Weight including min. weight battery (lbs)||1095||2091|
|Axle Loading - loaded, drive/load (lbs)||2400||3540|
|Axle Loading - unloaded, drive/load (lbs)||1020||1955|
|Tire Size, Drive (in)||9.1x2.8||9.1x2.8|
|Tire Size, load (in)||3.3x4.3||3.3x5.5|
|Additional Wheels - dimensions (in)||3.9x1.6||3.9x1.6|
|Wheels - number, drive/load (x=driven wheels)||1x/2||1x/2|
|Maximum Fork Height (in)||8.2||8.2|
|Handle Height in dirve position, min/max (in)||31.7/52.0||31.7/52.0|
|Lowered Fork Height (in)||3.25||3.25|
|Overall Length (in)||70.0||75.9|
|Length to fork face, headlength (in)||24.9||30.8|
|Overall Width (in)||28.5||33.4|
|Fork Dimensions, thickness/width/length (in)||2.2/6.8/45.3||2.2/8.0/45.3|
|Overall Width across forks (in)||26.4/21.3||26.4|
|Ground Clearance, center of wheelbase (in)||1.1||1.1|
|Aisle Width (for 48x40 pallets (LxW)) (in)||82.1 *#||88.0 *#|
|Turning Radius (in)||63.9 *||69.8 *|
|Travel Speed, loaded/unloaded (mph)||3.7/3.7||3.4/3.4|
|Lift Speed, loaded/unloaded (ft/min)||9.3/13.8||9.3/13.8|
|Lowering Speed, loaded/unloaded (ft/min)||12.4/11.8||12.4/11.8|
|Maximum gradeability, loaded/unloaded (%)||10/20||10/20|
|Drive Motor (rating S2 60 minutes)||1.6||1.6|
|Lift Motor rating at S3 10%||1.5||1.5|
|Battery voltage (V)||24||24|
|Battery, nominal capacity (Ah)||150-375||510-750|
|Battery Weight, minimum (lbs)||154||963|
|Sound Level at driver's ear (dB(A))||70||70|
* Load section lowered: add 2.1"
# Includes 8" of manuevering space
Note: All dimensions with 48" (nominal) forks unless otherwise noted